CBD oil is quite popular nowadays because of its positive effects on wellness. CBD or Cannabidiol is a naturally occurring compound extracted from marijuana or the hemp plant. Ever since it caught the attention of the researchers, this compound is known to have several positive effects on a variety of minor and major illnesses. Many researchers are working on understanding its positive effects on treating eczema, nausea, pain, insomnia, fibromyalgia, etc.
What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a condition in which the body suffers from widespread pain. It is also related to sleeping problems, restlessness, insomnia, fatigue, anxiety, and mental and emotional distress. Although there is not a specific reason or series of events that cause fibromyalgia, stressful events like emotional stress or any psychological stress can trigger the condition.
Benefits of CBD oil for fibromyalgia
Since fibromyalgia is often associated with sleeping issues, pain, and anxiety, CBD oil is a great solution for reducing such symptoms and helping the person lead a healthy life. Here are a few benefits of CBD oil for fibromyalgia:
- CBD is known to reduce inflammation in the body. As a result of its anti-inflammatory properties, it can reduce or relieve pain.
- CBD activates a receptor known as serotonin. This receptor plays a prominent role in the way the body perceives pain. As a result, it helps in reducing the sensation of pain in the body. This sense of relief reduces the body’s hypersensitivity to pain and provides respite for patients.
- Because CBD works with receptors in the brain, it improves the sleep/wake cycles, regularizes sleeping patterns, permitting greater rest.
- CBD oil is, unlike pharmaceutical pain-killers, much milder and safer. It does not strain the body like other pharmaceutical drugs and can be consumed long term without ill-effects.
- It is available for consumption in a variety of forms like suppositories, edibles, oils, and tinctures, which makes dosage compliance all that much easier.
Effectiveness of CBD oil for fibromyalgia
With the extensive research focus, CBD has received in recent years, scientists have found strong links between CBD oil and relief from fibromyalgia pain. According to the National Centers for Complementary and Integrative Health, the way CBD affects the receptors in the brain gives it its ability to treat chronic pain.
Furthermore, according to a 2020 study CBD oil also improves sleep patterns and reduces inflammation to a great extent, in addition to providing pain relief. Researchers also believe that using CBD oil also lightens the mood reducing anxiety and stress (though don’t confuse that with the psychoactive effects of recreational marijuana!).
Dosage of CBD oil for fibromyalgia
CBD oil is an effective alternative to traditional fibromyalgia treatment and has shown little chance of interacting with pharmaceutical drugs. That said, if you are undergoing hospital treatment for fibromyalgia pain, it is a good idea to consult with an expert at CBD International before using CBD oil.
Most people use CBD oil orally, while others use it topically. To determine the right dose for yourself start by taking small doses of CBD oil. Monitor for two to three days and then increase the dose. Continue with this till you achieve the desired pain relief. If you feel the formulation is not having the desired effect, it is best to get in touch with us. Our team will be able to advise of alternative tinctures.